Post-Care Instructions for GAINSWave
- Clean off any numbing cream or gels that have been applied prior to procedure
- Schedule next treatment prior to patient leaving office
- Erections are encouraged
- No down time necessary. Patient can be sexually active
- Patients should have 1 to 2 erections per day for 30 days
- Consider a using a VED (Vacuum Erection Device/Penis Pump) for 10 minutes a day
- No NSAIDs. Tylenol fine if needed
- Consider PDE5 inhibitors (Viagra/Cialis, etc.) as a bridge if responsive
- Consider 5mg Cialis (Tadalafil) daily for first 2 weeks to boost blood flow if responsive
- Consider an OTC Nitric Oxide supplement to improve endothelial function
- Avoid alcohol/drugs. Avoid tobacco. Eat healthy, be active and stay hydrated
Patient may experience the following:
- Increased nighttime and morning erections
- Increased erections throughout day
- Easier ability to achieve an erection
- Increased effects of erectile dysfunction medications and quicker onset of action (might need to lower dose)
- Increased girth and vasculature of penis shaft
- Shorter rebound time for erection after climax
Results vary from individual to individual. Immediate results may vary from subtle to more significant improvement in symptoms. Some individuals (who are early responders) may notice same day results, while other individuals (who are late responders) may see results over the course of a treatment and beyond. Do not fully judge treatment results until 8 to 12 weeks following the last treatment of a package of 6 or more.
3-4 weeks after the last treatment (of 6 or more) a follow up call must be made by the provider and post treatment SHIM/EHS must be completed. 3rd SHIM/EHS should be completed 8 to 12 weeks thereafter.
Temporary skin redness/discoloration on and around the treatment area is common. If it occurs it should not last more than 24hrs.
Call your local Genesis Lifestyle Medicine if you have any questions or concerns.