Post-Care Instructions for HydroSpa & Chemical Peels
Following proper post-treatment steps and skincare can help minimize any sensation or visual side effects. Exceptional post-care will ensure you heal quickly and get the best results possible. Depending on your skin’s sensitivity, it is normal to experience a variety of side effects as your skin goes through the renewal process. After your treatment, your skin may look and feel like a mild wind burn for 24-48 hours. It’s normal to feel some slight tingling, itching, redness, dryness or tightness periodically after a peel. You may gently use cold compresses as needed to combat irritation if needed.
Avoid the Following:
- Chemical exfoliants or scrubs for 5-7 days. This includes acne medications such as benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid.
- Direct sunlight. Your skin is delicate and sensitive to sun exposure after advanced exfoliation. Wear SPF 30 or higher daily, reapplying every 2 hours to ensure your skin is protected from the sun. Wear a hat if needed.
- Makeup for the remainder of the day, longer if possible.
- Excessive heat. Avoid strenuous activities that could cause excessive perspiration such as intense exercise, sauna, steam rooms, hot tubs etc. for 24-72 hours. This could exacerbate inflammation and cause more irritation.
- Picking or pulling at flaky or loose skin. Apply moisturizer or hyaluronic acid serums at least twice daily (AM/PM) or more frequently for additional hydration to decrease the dryness and appearance of flaking.
- No waxing or depilatories for 5-7 days.
- Cleanse gently and avoid rough fabrics to dry the face after cleansing. Use softer materials and pat dry instead of wiping.
- Stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water and use hydrating products such as hyaluronic acid serums, nourishing toners, moisturizers or oils.