Post-Care Instructions for Microneedling
Following proper post-treatment steps and skincare can help minimize any sensation or visual side effects. Exceptional post-care will ensure you heal quickly and get the best results possible. Depending on your skin’s sensitivity, it is normal to experience a variety of side effects as your skin goes through the renewal process. After your treatment, your skin may look and feel like a mild wind burn for 24-72 hours. It’s normal to feel some slight tingling, itching, redness, dryness, tightness or small pinpoint scabs after this treatment. You may gently use cold compresses as needed to combat irritation if needed.
Avoid the following:
- Chemical exfoliants or scrubs for 5-7 days. This includes acne medications such as benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid.
- Direct sunlight. Your skin is delicate and sensitive to sun exposure after microneedling. Wear SPF 30 or higher daily, reapplying every 2 hours to ensure your skin is protected from the sun. Wear a hat if needed.
- Makeup for as long as possible.
- Vitamin C cleansers or serums.
- Heavy occlusive products such as night creams or face oils.
- Excessive heat. Avoid strenuous activities that could cause excessive perspiration such as intense exercise, sauna, steam rooms, hot tubs etc. for 24-72 hours. This could exacerbate inflammation and cause more irritation.
- Picking or pulling at scabs or flaky skin. Apply moisturizer or hyaluronic acid serums at least twice daily (AM/PM) or more frequently for additional hydration to decrease the dryness and appearance of flaking or scabbing.
- No waxing or depilatories for 5-7 days.
- Cleanse gently and avoid rough fabrics to dry the face after cleansing. Use softer materials and pat dry instead of wiping.
- Stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water and use hydrating products such as hyaluronic acid serums, nourishing toners and moisturizers.