PRP Pre–Procedure Instructions & Tips
We are looking forward to seeing you soon for your PRP session at Genesis Lifestyle Medicine. Please plan to be here about 60 hour to 90 minutes Here are a few pre-procedure instructions that we find help optimize the results of the PRP.
Diet & Fluid Intake
- Please increase your intake of fluid the day before your procedure by simply drinking 2 glasses of water in the morning before your PRP session, 2 glasses at lunch and 2 glasses at dinner. (Please don’t drink water too late in the evening or you’ll be up using the washroom at night)
- On the actual day of your procedure simply have a bottle of water (500 mL) before your session.
- Please eat a normal breakfast or lunch the day of your PRP session.
- Feel free to wash your hair the morning of the PRP session (or at least the day before)
- It is fine to color your hair up to 3 days before the procedure
- Discontinue blood thinning agents such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, Essential Fatty Acids and least one week before your treatment.
- Please stop multivitamins one week before your procedure as well.
- It’s fine to continue Iron and vitamin D.
Alcohol & Smoking
- Avoid alcohol for three days before your PRP session
- If possible, stop smoking or limit smoking for three days prior to your procedure. The more the better as we find it really impacts on the healing process!
- Avoid aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Iburprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren and other anti inflammatory medications for 3 days before your procedure (if possible please avoid for 7 days). We want inflammation to occur – as this is one mechanism by which PRP works! You may take Tylenol for any pains, discomforts or joint pains you may have.